An Oil and Gas Supermajor are looking for a Market Abuse Monitoring and Surveillance Analyst for their team in London.
This role shall be focused on monitoring activities to deter and detect breaches of external rules and regulations along with breaches of rules concerning market abuse.
- Help implement a proactive, fit for purpose and risk based program to cover Market Abuse Monitoring with the aim to deter and detect breaches of external rules and regulations or other potentially fraudulent behaviours in relation to MAR and other external and internal rules and regulations
- Perform daily monitoring tasks for suspicious transactions/orders or strategies in a timely manner
- Perform monitoring and surveillance on exchange and platform activity to ensure alignment with exchange/platform rules and expectations
- Perform further review and investigations on alerts and findings as required
- Escalate concerns and relevant findings to line manager as appropriate
- Make sure all relevant documentation of performed activities i.e. event analysis, escalations, findings, resolutions and outcome of any STOR's, are recorded and stored as appropriate
- Experience in energy commodity trading firms and preferable within a control type function
- A good understanding of energy commodity trading rules and regulations
- Prior knowledge and experience of working with Monitoring & surveillance systems