The Model Risk Manager position covers the team members who start acting as model validation manager. To be able to cover a wider range of models and projects, they need to delegate part of their review work to entry-level analyst and analyst team members by defining the analyses to be performed, supervising and structuring their work during the review, and presenting the final deliverables articulating the executive summary of the review. Furthermore, Model Risk Managers coordinate the contribution of the team to various Group level projects and represent the team within those projects.
The position encourages transversality in terms of coverage of topics ensuring a better understanding of the interconnectedness between risk types and activities. Accordingly, besides carrying out review works, part of the time of Model Risk Managers is spent on contributing to the steering of various Group level projects. Their stakeholders may be within RISK, within the Business, or within other Group functions
- Strong quantitative background, owning an MSc or PhD degree in a quantitative subject, preferably a degree in financial mathematics.
- This position requires proven professional experience in alignment with the responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets: how the markets operate, what the liquidity and price observability of the key products are, what the trading venues are, and what the various netting and collateral agreements are.
- Familiarity with many pricing models as well as with market and counterparty risk modelling techniques.
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements for the scope of models being in charge of.
- In-depth knowledge of model risk management processes, regulatory requirements, internal policies, standards and templates.
- Advanced programming skills in Python / R / C# or other languages allowing fast assessment of model features and carrying out comparison of model alternatives. Required soft skills
- Ability to engage people for leading them.
- Ability to delegate some tasks to increase efficiency and to focus on higher value work.
- Capacity to master the methodologies in the perimeter in order to know when, where and how to interact. Eagerness to take ownership of projects and be autonomous in finding out the next steps.
- Ability to create an inclusive environment that stimulates quality dialogue and that values differences of opinion.
- Ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at department level.
- Experienced speaker at technical committees presenting review findings in a synthetic manner.
- Genuine sense of care and respect for people, acting as a team player and proactively supporting colleagues
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.