An industry leading pharmaceutical products group with a network of global locations is looking to hire an Operations Manager to lead customer operations for their team in Drogheda. The role is responsible for production delivery to existing key customer accounts and the onboarding of new customer products into the business.
This is a senior position reporting to the Site Director and will manage multifunctional team across production operations. You will also dotted line report to global new product introduction (NPI) operations and be the key link for global NPI strategy related to the Ireland production facility.
The business is a contract manufacturer and service provider for the worlds leading pharmaceutical and biotech groups. You would work across a wide range of manufacturing projects for each customer and be the key link between external partners and internal production capabilities to ensure delivery. This is an exciting global role partnering with industry leading biotech's to manage and deliver a best in class service.
Your Customer Operations department will consist of two key responsibilities:
- Project Management (Key Accounts). Managing and developing best in class relationships with existing customers - this role will also drive organic growth within each of the accounts.
- New Product Introduction. Be the site-based leader for the NPI Project Managers as they onboard new products and companies to the business. You will also ensure the NPI team align with the Global Leadership goals for NPI.
Further key responsibilities as Operations Manager:
- Lead a team of Project Managers, Key Account Managers and qualified individuals to ensure customer milestone goals and objectives are met while building a culture of safety, quality, performance, customer service and continuous improvement.
- Manage the team performance metrics for all customers both established and newly introduced.
- Grow and build your department through effective employee development, performance management, succession planning and recognition.
- Manage the training and development of the team including cross training initiatives and on-boarding of new employees to the team.
- Partner and collaborate on best practices with other Business Unit Managers and Site Leadership.
- Represent Customer Operations across the group such as S&OP, Site Management Meetings, Global Operational Meetings, Customer specific Business Review Meetings.
- Collaborate with Business Development funtion to ensure seamless communication with the customer, including working on future and existing business quotations.
Key experience required:
- Career background within the production of physical products supplied to customers (eg manufacturing, engineering, or pharmaceutical products)
- Experience within a relevant area (eg Supplier Relationship Management, Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) Management, or relevant Supply Chain experience)
- Be well versed with project management philosophies & systems and be able to demonstrate examples of effective use of PM tools.
- Ideally, you will have experience in handling customer communications including examples of escalations, expedited responses (fast turnaround of orders), organic growth in key accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in Continuous Improvement initiatives in a service environment.
- Ideally, have experience working in a cGMP environment.
- Ideally, have a good working knowledge and experience in using ERP system
A salary of €85,000 to £90,000 is on offer for the Operations Manager with the ability to go higher to attract a candidate with very relevant experience.
This position is a key hire and the intention is to begin interviewing from mid-July so please apply as soon as possible to be considered. You can also contact James Ivall at Goodman Masson should you have any questions or want to discuss the role in more detail prior to applying.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.