An opportunity has become available for a newly-qualified accountant to join one of the leading international development organisations in London.
This organisation operates in some of the world's poorest areas to provide medical and humanitarian response when urgently needed. They also have on-going programmes to support economic growth through fair-trade negotiations, developing renewable energy infrastructure and consultancy services among many other fields of specialism.
This role will be instrumental in developing their business partnering capabilities to the UK and overseas teams to provide more meaningful support and financial advice. The role is responsible for supporting Project Managers to manage project finances and for performing month-end project accounting tasks. As a qualified accountant you will use your accounting knowledge to improve all forms of project reporting and assist finance leadership in continuous process improvement.
- Ensure appropriate project accounting from inception to closure through working closely with Project Managers
- Understanding and interpreting the month's performance with insightful commentary on variances
- Ensuring robust forecasting is undertaken
- Ensuring accurate and consistent journals are posted in accordance with revenue recognition policy
- Working with Project Managers to complete project submission forms and provide commentary and advice on variances and project risk
- Active engagement in monthly commercial review meeting
- Support implementation of best practice processes and continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve performance
Who we are looking for:
- Fully-qualified in CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW or equivalent
- Must have an interest in working in the international development sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to form strong working relationships with stakeholders at all seniorities and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to use initiative for problem solving
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly-qualified accountant who is looking for their next step-up. You will be given tailored training and coaching to help you develop in your career, but we are looking for someone who is hard-working and demonstrates enthusiasm in their work.
This role offers flexible working and the opportunity to work from home occasionally.