A leading London University are looking to recruit a Research Finance manager to start ASAP on a 6-12 month contract. This would suit someone with experience with pre and post award research grants experience within a University previously.
Specifics around the reserch piece include:
- Manage the process around externally funded research grants to ensure support provided to faculty through the process and compliance with both the School's and the funding body's policy and procedures
- Pre-Award: advise faculty regarding funder specific financial guidelines, and School financial policies, produce an informed costing for application which demonstrates value for money, and liaise with faculty and Research & Faculty Office (RFO) to complete internal sign-off and formal application
- Grant Agreement: liaise with RFO to complete requirements for grant acceptance, and signed agreement
- Post-Award: facilitate opening of a dedicated cost centre, and funding workbook, provide quarterly updates to faculty and RFO, complete all financial reporting on an accurate and timely basis, schedule financial audits and provide any required information as requested
- Update and maintain a schedule of research grants ensuring anticipated income is received and all reporting requirements are fulfilled on an accurate and timely basis
- Provide a Business Partner service to the research Institutes, Centres and Programmes, including regular reporting & review and ensure that all queries are followed-up in a timely manner
- Manage the internal research funds portfolio (IFBs and RaMDs) - ensuring that budgets and expenditure are managed and reported on a timely and accurate basis by the Business Analyst - Research
- Develop the Business Analyst - Research to be able to provide full support across all aspects of research, particularly external grants.