I'm currently recruiting a Senior Finance Manager to join a property team for a retailer in London.
This role will be expected to take charge of the store estate accounting. This will include managing and developing the Alteryx model that has been built to deliver the calculations as well as designing and implementing processes to ensure that the outputs translate into accurate ledger postings.
- Delivery of the budget, forecast and 3 Year Plan for store estate
- Development of the Alteryx model for store estate accounting and the supporting processes to ensure that store actions are appropriately accounted for
- Work collaboratively with other property finance colleagues to ensure that latest decisions and assumptions are appropriately accounted for
- Work with Group Finance and Tax to ensure that external reporting requirements relating to the store estate programme are delivered
- Support Retail Finance on the bi-annual impairment review for relevant stores and ensure that the impact of impairments is correctly recognised in subsequent accounting.
- Brief senior finance and property stakeholders on the latest status of programme provisions and charges and the impact of future decision making on these.
- Process Improvement:
- Refine the Alteryx model and the associated outputs to deliver accurate internal and external reporting in relation to the store estate programme
- Develop and embed supporting processes and controls to improve the ongoing accuracy of the store estate accounting
- Understand and plan for the impact of IFRS16 on store estate accounting processes
- Monthly Reporting:
- Closure of month end for store estate ensuring that all transactions are appropriately accounted for
- Develop, collate and prepare elements of the Property Monthly management reporting pack including:
- Adjusting items - details of monthly charge, cash flow and provision position
- Prepare full variance analysis to support results and areas for improved cost reporting
- Planning & Forecasting:
- Prepare the budget and quarterly forecasts for the store estate
- Stakeholder Management:
- Build solid relationships within Property and with other key business areas eg Retail / other Finance teams and investor relations to support delivery of store estate numbers and associated messaging
- Build strong relationships with the Auditors, ensuring that expectations are met and a clean audit can be delivered
- Improve financial awareness for non-finance staff on finance processes and deliverables
The successful candidate will be fully qualified, ideally with property finance experience and have advanced Excel skills.