A listed Energy business in Central London are now seeking an ACA qualified accountant who has trained in practice and spent time in a Group Finance role in industry.
The role is a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant role working in a team of 5 and will be producing accurate, reliable and meaningful information within a group wide business performance framework.
The team supports the CFO and executive team in understanding the value drivers of the business and in decision making.
The team is responsible for producing the consolidated group monthly management accounts for actual, budget and forecast scenarios as well as producing the consolidated group statutory accounts at year end.
This role manages the audit committee and external audit process, as well as playing an advisory and training role for the finance community across the group.
The position has come about owing to growth and my client offer excellent career progression as well as a market leading remuneration package.
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant plays a pivotal role in ensuring the on-time reporting of high quality financial data.
The individual will take a senior role within the financial reporting team, providing guidance and coaching to the junior Financial Reporting Accountants.
The individual will be accountable for the accurate reporting of consolidated financial data for allocated business units, and for preparing and analysing consolidated information for monthly and quarterly reporting. They will ensure that data is presented accurately and that any accounting issues are identified, understood and resolved on a timely basis through detailed planning and process management.
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant will provide insightful analysis and commentary for senior management. It is therefore vital to form strong working relationships with senior stakeholders and finance teams across the business. In addition the individual will take responsibility for the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in financial reporting and for liaising with external auditors.
- Interpret and cascade financial accounting/reporting policies, standards, procedures and timetables.
- Contribute to accounting issues papers and audit committee reporting as required.
- Act as point of contact for finance teams for reporting issues and queries, including issues encountered with the loading of their monthly results using Financial Data Quality Management (FDM).
- Prepare accounting papers as required
- Review data submissions, ensuring accuracy with all validations cleared and/or understood
- Liaise with the auditors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the interim and year end audits
- Ensure financial transactions and reporting are completed and reported in line with Group and local statutory requirements.
- Assisting with the monthly consolidation process by calculating and posting consolidation journals in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager and Group Financial Controller with ad hoc analysis as required
- Ensure notes for interim and year end external reporting are prepared to a high standard and in line with agreed deadlines.
- Contribute to Group-wide finance projects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of working on a group consolidation and interim and year end reporting as well as experience with analysis and technical accounting matters.
Operational experience in the Energy industry or similar would be advantageous.