The Senior Group Financial Accountant reports to the Group Financial Controller and will work as part of a highly efficient profile team of qualified accountants who are responsible for financial reporting and ensuring the high quality of data for reporting purposes.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 listed business that provides an excellent working environment and opportunity to progress their career within the wider finance group.
- Preparation and effective control of the production and review of the Annual and Half Year report
- Review of technical accounting developments under IFRS ensuring new developments are communicated throughout the Group and embedded into management and statutory reporting as necessary.
- Provide technical IFRS accounting advice and support
- Support for monthly consolidation close activities
- Managing the on-going relationship and year-end process with the external auditors
- Preparation of accounting papers for the quarterly Audit Committee meetings
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA)
- At least 2 - 3 years post-qualification experience
- Exposure to UK PLC reporting, including strong knowledge of IFRS and Consolidation
- Flexible and comfortable in a changing, growing environment
- Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative