A housing association is looking for a Senior Independent Living Officer to join their team based in Catford initially for 3 months with scope to the role being permanent. The senior ILO role is 2 fold, they have management responsibilities of 3 ILOs and they also manage 2 sheltered blocks.
- To lead, manage, coordinate and support a team of Independent Living Officers, delivering housing management services to residents of sheltered housing schemes.
- To ensure that effective, customer focused housing management services are provided to older tenants in the borough living in sheltered housing schemes, so that they can sustain their tenancies.
- To provide advice to tenants that promotes individual independence, opportunities, choice and dignity, and to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to achieve this.
- To liaise with other agencies, organisations, teams and the tenants’ associations in order to promote social activities and optimum use of communal facilities.
- Build effective professional relationships with internal and external partners to provide an excellent sheltered housing service.
- Manage own sheltered scheme/s and carry our all requirements of that of an ILO.
Skills and Requirements
- Management experience (ideally of remote workers as the ILOs are based out on site)
- Working in sheltered housing or older persons housing
- Managing a sheltered housing scheme, or other forms of older persons housing, ie Extra care,
- Working with external agencies, ie social services , GPs, mental heath team, age concern
- Lettings, from Signup, which includes, viewings, assessment following a template, and signing up a tenancy
- Good IT skills
- Awareness and understanding of safeguarding, and anti social behaviour issues
Benefits and other Info
- £17-19 ph. (experience dependant)
- Full benefits included
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.