Senior SOC Analyst
About the role:
An exhilarating opportunity at a specialist Managed Cyber Security Detection and Response Services Provider has arisen for a Senior SOC Analyst, to work within a close-knit team of industry experts, utilising the latest, cutting-edge technology on the market.
You will be tasked with monitoring, triaging and analysis of the alerts within the SIEM and escalating further by leading the Incident Response and Investigation activities.
- Provide first and second level technical resolution for security alerts and SOC service requests.
- Manage alerts and incidents through the incident lifecycle within the ticketing system.
- Interface with clients in incident identification, remediation and resolution.
- Resolve or escalate identified incidents.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- Will be communicating about the risks associated with detected events on both technical and non-technical layers to senior stakeholders.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network protocols and information security is essential.
- Understanding and experience of using Linux is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of attacker tools, tactics and procedures.
- 24x7 NOC/SOC experience, working for a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), is desirable.
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing technical security controls (firewalls, IDS, AV).
- 3+years working within a SOC is required.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Eligibility for SC Clearance is essential.
- Masters or bachelor's degree within Computer Science, Cyber Security or related disciplines is preferred.
- SANS certifications such as 511, 503, 501, 504, 506, 401 is preferred.