One of London's largest Housing Associations is looking for a Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Compliance Officer to join their growing team in London. The chosen candidate will support the National SHE Manager in developing and upholding the businesses' SHE management systems. This is a great opportunity to join one of London and the UK's most exciting Housing Associations.
- Provides professional SHE advice and support to the applicable Regional Heads of Delivery and their respective teams to enable the SHE deliverables to be achieved
- The Regional SHE Support Officer shall support the Regional Heads of Delivery and the Metworks National SHE Manager in ensuring that the organisation complies with all relevant legislative requirements and Metworks SHE management systems.
- Ensure that all Accidents/Incidents are appropriately investigated and that all remedial actions are satisfactorily progressed
- Undertakes workplace inspections and audits to determine adherence to legislative requirements and the SHE management system
- Prepare high-and local level SHE reports in a timely manner
- Engage and monitor Metworks Sub contractors to ensure compliance with Metworks expectations and relevant legislation Delivery of appropriate SHE training and awareness to employees.
- Coaching and developing employees in all aspects of SHE.
- Ability to prepare and present accurate written and verbal information
- Ability to explain complex information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to engage with colleagues on SHE and champion behaviour/challenge poor work practice to successfully improve SHE outcomes
- Good ability to discuss SHE with all levels of management teams, clients and customers to reach practicable solutions to any SHE issues
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of H&S legislative requirements and management systems
- Able to work as an integral part of a wider team and embrace a collective responsibility for SHE performance
- Minimum of NEBOSH Construction General/Construction Certificate
- A high level working knowledge of Microsoft software
- A working knowledge of CDM and asbestos is a necessity for this role
- Must have in depth knowledge and experience in relation to accident/incident investigations
- The candidate will ideally have experience (or at least a good understanding) within the field of maintenance, repair and construction activities
To apply to to this role please send your CV via the advert or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org