I'm currently recruiting for a Systems Accountant to join a well known retailer.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and extend the financial systems and processes to ensure the effective and efficient processing of financial and non-financial data, combined with further extending the range of management tools and reports used to inform the business. The role will be responsible for instilling a culture of robust control and efficiency throughout the finance teams.
Main Responsibilities for the Systems Accountant:
* Designing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide
quality assurance over financial data
* Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues
* Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues
* Manage and coordinate environments during month end, budgeting, forecasting and statutory
* Perform security maintenance on applications.
* Manage the users and provision groups and users access rights
* Managing system upgrades with the IT department
* Collaborate with the global finance teams to understand their business needs and translate them
into Hyperion reports and/or Hyperion enhancements.
* Develop automated financial board pack from Hyperion to enable team to move away from
* Provide a consistent and approachable point of contact for stakeholders
* Training and supporting global finance team members in the use of financial systems and
procedures, instilling best practice ways of working
* Maintain Admin and User guides. Continuously and proactively improve the end user experience
by providing training for system functionality as well as ad-hoc reporting capabilities.
* Encourage continuous learning
They are looking for candidates who have detailed Hyperion knowledge and have experience of working in a similar systems role.