My client is a multi-billion dollar, NYSE listed, business headquartered in London.
London is the Group's corporate Headquarters and they are now seeking the addition of a strong technical accountant owing to an internal promotion.
The culture is meritocratic and the existing team are outstanding. My client offers excellent career potential and autonomy for the right candidate.
Ideally you will be ACA or ACCA qualified with post qualified experience and experience in US GAAP (or detailed experience of IFRS) and be passionate about Technical Accounting and be able to communicate the detail to a high standard.
You will be assisting in compliance with US GAAP across multiple listed groups including the application, interpretation and monitoring of accounting standard updates; maintenance and training in respect of Group accounting policies and procedures, and the preparation and review of technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reports and facilitate the internal review for these documents.
- Investigate, conclude and explain accounting issues. Provide accounting guidance to management and broader finance teams as necessary.
- Assist in managing communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to facilitate the auditor review of accounting disclosures and technical accounting issues.
- Provide US GAAP/Group accounting policy support for M&A and ad hoc transactions activity.
- Assist in development, maintenance and training activities related to our Group Accounting Manual (under US GAAP) to improve clarity and consistency.
- Consider and plan accounting technical training requirements for the Group Reporting teams.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements in respect of disclosures, new standards and technical accounting issues.
- Participate in other accounting and special projects as required
- CPA/ACA/CA with at least 5-7 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, or in a similar role in a corporate group, with heavy exposure to US GAAP, SEC and external financial reporting primarily at a group level.
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required. You will also need to be able to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Global multinational accounting and issue recognition and resolution experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to interact with co-workers in multiple locations, an accounting shared service centre, senior management, external and internal auditors.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation, getting involved in the detail to analyse data where required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, HFM and Wdesk is a benefit.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner.