Trade Surveillance Lead
The Trade Surveillance Compliance Officer for Fixed Income will provide an appropriate level of support to the Head of Surveillance and the various teams/colleagues within the Compliance function as well as leading a small surveillance team looking across all Fixed Income business lines.
- Oversight of Surveillance analysis using a variety of systems which are available to the surveillance team. Coverage will include:
- Market abuse surveillance
- Assistance with electronic communications surveillance
- Advisory aligned surveillance and adhoc investigations
- Proactive approach to systems enhancement and development
- Holistic risk monitoring;
- Be the main point of contact and subject matter expert for Fixed Income surveillance matters,
- Ensure that surveillance activities are undertaken according to agreed procedures and frameworks. Making sure escalation processes are followed and all issues are escalated and closed out in a timely manner.
- Work with the Head of Surveillance to identify key areas or risk and ensure that Market Abuse functionality is properly aligned to the business.
- Prepare relevant trade information and supporting evidence to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in the event of any suspicious trading activity identified through existing surveillance tasks;
- Assist in regulatory or internal investigations as assigned
- Work with Compliance IT to support the development and implementation of new surveillance initiatives;
- Work with other surveillance teams to help develop and implement a holistic risk monitoring methodology and process;
- Consider new or enhanced monitoring and surveillance activities that address the changing business structure and ensure that a robust approach is taken to mitigate business risk.
- Oversee alerts that are escalated from surveillance team members based in Powai, ensuring that adequate escalation and follow up is undertaken with the appropriate business and/or advisory Compliance on a timely basis.
- Work with the Head of Surveillance and relevant surveillance vendors to develop and implement new surveillance controls in line with the Compliance business plan;
- Provision of assistance to the Head of Surveillance to help coordinate the Compliance departments delivery of periodic management information and performance and risk metrics;
- Assist in the training and development of junior surveillance team members, particularly those based offshore in order to identify legitimate trading strategies versus potential market abuse;
Skills & Resources
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of key EU /UK regulatory rules and regulations as well as a broad awareness of specific conduct and market abuse regulations;
- Maintain an awareness of key EU / UK regulatory updates and their impact on the existing monitoring and surveillance programme;
- Possess a good technical understanding of key trade surveillance systems, such as Actimize and SMARTS;
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Candidate should have surveillance or held relevant compliance position or specific fixed income Product knowledge. Such as Rates, FX, Credit or Structured Products
- Strong Fixed Income product knowledge, with ideally previous trading or operations experience.
- Good understanding of the FCA handbook and in particular specific Market Abuse Regulations (MAR);
- Ideally experience of managing/leading a small team