A well known retailer based in Chiswick is now looking for a part qualified Treasury accountant to join their finance team. You will ideally be studying towards an accountancy qualification and have some experience of working in the retail sector.
The Main responsibilities of the role are:
- To recreate cash-book from bank statements, analyse and post to general ledger.
- To reconcile domestic and foreign bank accounts.
- To allocate the direct debit, telegraphic transfer payments and process cheque cancellations for the Accounts Payable department.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts held for the receipt of credit card monies and posting entries to the general ledger on a monthly basis, with issues resolved on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the daily banking position and weekly forecasts including actualising the previous week
- Compilation of monthly Sales Receipt Analysis prepared by the sites' cash offices and posting to the general ledger. To liaise with the cash offices and other personnel where necessary to investigate discrepancies on their submitted Sales Receipt Analysis.
- To be responsible for bank, credit card, petty cash and till float balance reconciliations.
- Regular liaison with store personnel from various sites in order to provide assistance with banking matters. Also to pro-actively liaise with both the IT department and the external credit card acquirer as required to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of function debtor accounts across the sites and regular liaison with accounts receivable team and sites to resolve issues, ensure invoices have been raised and settlement received.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management pack.
- Prepare the quarterly UK VAT return and bi-monthly Irish VAT return and reconcile the VAT balance sheet accounts.
- To work closely with the Financial Accounting Manager and Group Accountant in the preparation of year-end statutory accounts and tax computations.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- To plan and organise any other ad-hoc projects and take on any additional month end responsibilities as required by the Financial Accounting Manager.
- To develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the operations of the business and the activities of other departments within the business.