A Financial Services business is now recruiting for a Liquidity Manager for 6 months with the potential of going permanent.
You must be able to start almost immediately.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Development of an investment strategy in line with market and regulatory developments and changes to the business requirements.
- Execution of the investment strategy for the group's liquidity portfolio.
- Management of the counterparty risk of the liquidity portfolio, including the monitoring of credit ratings, credit analysis and development of counterparty risk mitigation strategies.
- Management of the market risk of the liquidity portfolio, including horizon scanning and the optimisation of the portfolio diversification and risk/reward profile.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the group's short-term liquidity requirements and to advise on liquidity availability and potential issues.
- Keep abreast of money market developments, including:
- investment opportunities, products and regulatory developments.
- settlement issues, processes and recommend improvements in line with best practice.
- Integrate new investment opportunities into the cash management strategy and establish appropriate operating procedures and documentation.
Operational Treasury Strategic Management
- Ensure a detailed understanding of the treasury operations across the whole Group and recommend changes to structures and operational processes which improve efficiency and controls, reduce risk and deliver best practice.
- Contribute to the design and implementation or the operating model for the Group following the integration with Standard Life and other new or acquired businesses, achieving optimal outcomes while minimising risk.
- Keep abreast of the treasury systems market taking into account the potential benefits to treasury management within the business.
- Take a key role in any treasury systems implementation projects.
- Assist in the annual update of the Liquidity and Funding Risk Policy.
- Ensure the development of risk management information and promote best practice.
- Implementation of the Risk Management Framework within Treasury operations to include:
- maintaining and where required, monitoring compliance with Group-wide operational controls.
- recommending improvements to the control environment to ensure that best practice is delivered.
- support the development of policies to manage the Liquidity and Funding policy and market and credit risks of the liquidity portfolio..
- production of regular risk reporting ensuring compliance with governance procedures.
- Preparation of reports and presentations including papers for the Contingent Funding Committee.
- Undertaking analyses involving market data and peer group analyses in support of funding and investment strategy development.
- Production of management reports in respect of treasury activities and the monitoring of relevant balance sheet ratios and other relevant metrics.