- To be responsible for the quarterly tax reporting process and corporation tax compliance for some of the Group's largest UK reinsurance carriers and other entities.
- To be a key part of the Group's UK tax function in coordinating all corporation tax compliance for the whole Group.
- To be responsible for the VAT compliance for the group
- To advise senior stakeholders on UK VAT matters.
- Manage the VAT and corporation tax compliance process
- Prepare the tax calculation (current and deferred) in the Group's tax system (MTAX) on a quarterly basis as part of the quarter close.
- Support the FRR team with the preparation of the UK financial statements from a tax perspective.
Responsibilities on behalf of the Group:
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
- Support the corporation tax group payment arrangement for the whole UK Group, calculate and manage the payment of QIPs.
- Ensure optimum group relief position across the UK Group and that allowances are properly allocated between UK Group entities.
- Preparation of the PAYE settlement agreement calculation on an annual basis.
- Quality assure tax compliance processes of the UK Group.
- Provide advice to other Finance teams, Group Tax, underwriters and the CFOs/FDs across the UK businesses on tax matters.
- Continually monitor financial and tax related reporting risks.
- Enhance controls to mitigate those financial and tax related reporting risks.
- Coach staff at junior level.
Key skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge of UK corporation tax and / or of UK VAT (ideally with a good understanding of the key issues relevant to insurance companies). Ability to learn any new areas of tax quickly.
- Sound understanding of tax accounting (ideally UK GAAP and IFRS).
- Familiarity with a quarter end reporting process.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with HMRC, overseas tax authorities and tax advisers.
- Ability to manage a group payment arrangement.
- Familiarity with taxes in the re/insurance industry / London market.
- At least 3-4 years of post-qualification experience.
- Ability to work closely with accounting teams.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Qualifications and educational requirements:
- Recognised tax / accounting qualification (CTA/ICAEW/ICAS/ACCA or equivalent).