A global financial group are looking to recruit a VP – Funds Tax to join their Dublin office.
As part of the firm’s global expansion, the group is looking to hire a Fund Tax Accountant to lead operational tax governance activities for the Irish domiciled UCITS and QIF funds including on-going supervision of outsourced service providers; maintenance of a tax governance framework and maintenance of the fund structure from a legal and regulatory point of view.
- Ensure that the groups funds are well positioned for the current tax environment and forthcoming tax changes.
- Build strong relationships with the wider groups corporate tax resource to ensure that the groups funds receive timely tax advice when needed.
- Oversight, governance and management of outsourced tax services and tax advisor relationships
- Design, build and maintain a fund tax governance framework to:
- Improve overall tax governance and managing tax risk
- Document roles and responsibilities within the group and with third party administrators and tax advisers
- Provide the Fund Board and Committees with comfort that the funds are tax compliant
- Facilitate monitoring of tax changes
- Primary responsibility for fund related tax matters, specifically in relation to:
- Investment related tax (eg: Withholding tax, local tax agent, local CGT, FIN48)
- Investor related tax (eg: German, Belgian, Swiss, UK, Austrian registrations, FATCA, CRS)
- Fund tax (eg: Irish VAT and CT, MDR)
- Work with, leverage and act as a point of escalation with the wider operations team with respect to
- Day-to-day fund related tax operational matters
- Fund lifecycle management
- Product launch and change
- Being point of escalation for any client and affiliate issues relating to Tax
- Interacting with the other Designated Persons and report to the Board, as appropriate on activities and findings
- Timely and accurate reporting to the Board and CBI for relevant regulatory reporting associated with responsibilities
- Key point of contact for tax accounting and regulatory fund disclosures
- Assist with the oversight of outsourced fund services, including fund accountants, auditors and tax advisors.
- Work with each investment manager on day to day requests and new sub-fund launches
- Respond to inbound inquiries
- fund governance support and internal management reporting;
- Assist with project plans to help build Fund Administration infrastructure
- Ad hoc projects as needed to help management execute against business plan(s)
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 8-10 years of financial services experience, within a fund administration or accounting capacity
- Degree educated
- In house tax experience in an asset management context
- Accountancy background